Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZEN4 newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgnihlman

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
SE
Hi !
What is best/preferred way to to automatically start the Application Explorer ?
(Right now I have put in the Startup folder)

How can I prevent users from exiting the Application Explorer ?

Regards
L-G

There is an application launcher configuration setting that you can set so users can not close the application explorer. Within Console One, pick the container object and view the properties. Under the Application Launcher tab, Add a property, and under the user section there is an option to allow users to exit.

I use "Scheduled Action Package" It automatically starts "C:\Program Files\Novell\ZENworks\NALDESK.EXE" when user loges in(This gives me an option to turn it off at any time). Use instructions from post above to prevent users form exiting.

Thanx for the answers, it solved my problems.

/lgnihlman

Help,
I read from the Zdpradmn.pdf chap 18, page 153. "Automatic Application Launcher Startup" .."Add the Application Window or Application Explorer shortcut to the Window Statup Folder. You configure this option in C1 and have it apply to a single user, "GROUP OF USERS" .."
My question, I can't locate the Launcher Config for a Group. I can located it for a Container and User object. Any ideas ?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back