Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ZEN4 Force Run problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgnihlman

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
SE
Hi !
I have a batch file that I want to force run using Application Explorer.
I've created the app. object and in association ticked the force run box.

The batch file won't run using force run, I do get the "Prompt before ditribution" text displayed, but the actual batch file won't run.
If I open Application Explorer and double click the app. object it will run.

What am I missing/doing wrong here ?

This is the "Path to file" under "Run options" and "Application" that I use:

\\Sh01\SYS\PUBLIC\app1.bat

This is the actual batch file:

regedit.exe /s \\sh01\sys\public\lgtest.txt

Regards
Lars-Gunnar

If you are trying to just push out registry keys, can you snapshot it and create an application object that way instead of having a batch file do it? Or if you have a .reg file that you are trying to add to the workstaitons, you can just import it into an application object. Otherwise you could try putting regedit.exe in the path to executable and the /s \\sh01\sys\public\lgtest.txt in the parameters line.

If I remember right, .bat files have never really worked well running from the path to executable line. I think you can make them run from one of the scripts line (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken on this). It does seem like one of the newer versions of the management agents was fixing this, though.

I don't know if this will halp but if you want to push out registry key try this in your BAT file "START /WAIT REGEDIT /S" I'm using this to force company screensaver.

bat file:
START /WAIT REGEDIT /S "y:\ScreenSaver\marquee.REG"

Thanx for your answers !

Couldn't get the start /wait switch to work so I went
for the snapshot solution instead.

/lgnihlman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back