Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zen 7 Inventory (Sybase) update error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrobin7

Technical User
Oct 17, 2007
US
We are running Zen 7 and encountering error 027 when the server scans the workstation: Novell reports the following for the error but, my question is how to repair the selector? Or, is this a corrupt Sybase Iventory file. If so, how is this corrected?
Thanks in advance for "any" help!

027: Unable to read the sequence number from the Workstation object
Source: ZENworks Desktop Management; Workstation Inventory; Scanner
Severity: Warning
Possible Cause: The scan details have been deleted from eDirectory. Also, the inventoried
workstation details are deleted from eDirectory and re-created.
Action: Make sure that the Selector is loaded on the server so the Selector can process
.str files.
Action: Ensure that the Inventory database contains the scan information. This ensures
that the Selector has processed the .str file and created the sequence number in
the Workstation object. To check whether scan information is present:
1 In ConsoleOne, click a container.
2 Click Tools, then click Configure DB.
3 Select a ZENworks Database object, then click OK.
4 View the scan information, right-click the inventoried workstation from
ConsoleOne, click Actions, then click Inventory.
When this is done, I get an error that the object is not in the inventory...
??

Try deleting the workstation object in eDirectory, then on the workstation in question unregister the workstation manually, then reregister it to recreate the application object, they try the inventory over again.

If memory serves me right, the command line registration tool is zwsreg.exe A -u will unregister, then running it with out switches will re-register

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt SPOOOOON!!!!! [hippy]
Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back