Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zebra zt411 printer prints one label each minute from spooled file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirate

IS-IT--Management
Aug 10, 2022
NZ
thread750-1812308

Hi everyone,
Yesterday I faced an issue with the print job for our WMS environment. The problem almost the same with the referenced thread. In my case the printer was printing one label each minute.
Not sure if any solution has been found for the referenced thread if there are any that would be helpful for my case. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Are you using wifi, same as the original poster?

I honestly do not know the for sure answer here, but I know a couple of things:
[ol 1]
[li]Zebra Label printers are built like tanks, and oftentimes never seem to die. However, they can be VERY VERY finnicky sometimes and can have seemingly the oddest configuration requirements. I don't think this would be your issue, but I would want to verify that the correct Thermal settings are selected. For instance, if you're using a ribbon and using sticky labels, then MAKE SURE the printer preference is set to "Thermal Transfer" and not "Direct Thermal". Otherwise, it'll give you all sorts of bad issues. For instance, we've had it lock up the host PC's print spooler because one connecting computer had print preferences set to "Direct Thermal" when should have been "Thermal Transfer". That one setting is now burned into my mind. [wink][/li]
[li]Wi-Fi connections can be horrendous for some situations. If possible, test without Wi-fi to see if the issue goes away. Some applications and devices are VERY picky on not losing network signals. Whether Wi-fi or not, it would be good to triple-check the network connecting everything if possible.[/li]
[/ol]

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Down load different drivers, sometimes older drivers work better. Test with a wired connection first

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back