Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Zebra S4m Printer - Getting serial number remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpyfccc

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2009
US
We recently deployed several label printers. I need to verify the serial numbers and I want to do remotely with a web browser. What page shows this info. The printer config page just showed printer settings, did not include serial number. is it displayed on another page?

Thank you

I am sorry, can't really help you there since the basics have not been done, meaning if I had that printer I definitely would LOOK at every submenu etc. on the WebGUI first, or do a GOOGLE search, before I would post a question about it...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Nick Burns, that is a great suggestion. Reading every sub menu is very efficient and makes sense if you are a hermit and shun human contact. Thank you

Nick Burns, the serial number you might be referring to is for the print server, not the physical printer. The serial number for the physical printer is not available via the browser. My original inquiry was regarding serial numbers for the printers, not the print server.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back