Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YTD() Function with Fiscal Time Dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nassy

Programmer
Mar 27, 2003
GB
Hi

I have a problem with Time and am wondering if anyone could be of any help...

I am working on a cube that has a Calendar Date and Fiscal Time Dimension. I have written a SalesYTD Calculated Member (under Measures) with the following MDX code:

Sum(YTD(),[Measures].SalesAmount)

This works fine for the Calendar Date - for example when I browse the cube with this calculated measure I can see YTD values if I use Calendar Date levels on the rows but if I try to view figures using Fiscal Date then nothing gets returned

I am really new to MDX and the only thing I can think of is that may be it this has something to do with the Fiscal Date Hierarchy ie each Fiscal Period has a differing number of days, though every Fiscal Year is made up of 12 periods. If that is the case - then I am still not sure how I would go about writing MDX to fix this as although there is lots online I could not find what I was looking for.

If anyone could give me any ideas of how I might be able to write YTD functions that I can use with a Fiscal Calendar that would be massively helpful to me. Even if this is just pointing me in the direction as to the sorts of functions I might need to be using and the sorts of things I need to look out for..

cheers

Nassy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back