Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

youtube videos or tutorials on starting to use illustrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mln3

Technical User
Jan 12, 2011
GB
i've got adobe cs4... and i want to get my head around using illustrator in particular... i've got the classroom in a book... but i wondered if somebody could recommend the best tutorial videos so i understand how everything works... no doubt i'll have to go back to things and maybe the book more but i thought video tutorials would be the best way to get started... and i'm happy to spend all day and even a few days watching youtube videos

i'm watched through the deke mcclelland videos on adobe (and some mordy golding ones) and didn't seem to get on with them too well...

i think perhaps the problem is some of these experts have been using the product a long time... and i'm new to this... and not really a huge computer person... but just want to get on with some designing... i'll see if i can find videos for terry white and scott kelby... i thought it'd be better posting here than watching everything there is on youtube

it'd be good to find a guide that goes through what all the buttons on the left hand side do... and also on the right hand and what everything on the top line does... from 'file' to 'help'... then hopefully i'll get to grips with the finer points as i go... maybe something more from an artist perspective than a huge adobe fan perspective..

the problem with the book was it is several hundred pages long... i just was trying to find a video if there was one which could be a simple overview and then i could go back to the book as i went along and learn by doing...

i had adobe photodeluxe i think it was on my pc about 10 years ago and it didn't seem to have anywhere as near as many functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back