Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your personal input on R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogTOKYO

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2016
US
Hello everyone,

I know some of you are hesitant to move to R10. I figured this would be a nice thread to maintain.

What do you like about R10? How has it changed the way you make changes?

What do you not like about R10? What issues have you encountered?

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

I upgraded yesterday. Everything went well on the IPO and the IP handsets but the UC Module was no good. Was 8.1, tried to do an upgrade but got a debug error message come up and had to basically format and start again.
UC Module is now working after complete rebuild as I had a backup BUT could not change SMTP settings from VMPro client, had to do it from the web interface.
Also, if the UC Module default gateway was the IP Office, web interface works perfectly but no internet.
If the UC Module default gateway is the actual default gateway I get internet, but alot of the windows in the 7071 management interface is greyed out with 'Message: Timeout'. Meaning you cannot stop/start services, re-create certificates, restore VMPro, view logs etc. Keeping a keen on SP2 for the UC Module

why did you upgrade in the 1st place? just curious

We do not use UCM, we use app servers instead. I find them way easier to tshoot as it's just a centos box and services, and physical.

We're thinking of upgrading R10 for testing here, but still on the fence.

Keep them coming, it'd be nice to have a strong R10 thread.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

We use R10 for some months now and I see no reason not to upgrade but with PLDS licensing I advise you to get good support from your distri (not like Westcon) otherwise you can get lost there.

I'm having issue with the UCM V2 modal too - had to rebuild and not cannot get the presence server working, even through it all green and available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back