Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your path to the data is incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budnsky

MIS
Jan 5, 2007
US
Troubleshooting Great Plains v6 for a client. I am not familiar with the package and need some help.

The following error comes up when Dynamics is opened:

Your path to the data is incorrect. Please enter the location of you Pathnames File.

Also receive the following error when I try to use any other function from the Menu Bar:

An open operation on table 'SY_Pathnames' has cause an unknown error (3012)

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Bud Veltman
bveltman@microendeavors.com

What database product is Great Plains v6 using. Is it trying to connect to an MSDE or MS-SQL database. If so, have they moved the database to a different server. If so, you'll need to re-configure the ODBC connection (System DSN) pointing the ODBC connection to this database.

If they are using an older Great Plains database such as C-tree, Btrieve, you should be able to correct the pathname by logging onto Great Plains with administrator priviledges, and select setup>> system>> and on the system pallet there should be a selection for "pathnames" or "launch file". I'm really picking my brain on this one...I moved off v6 and changed databases over 3 years ago. Chances are if this is an "older" installation the preferred setups at that time were to have the database stored on a server and have a network drive mapped to an X:drive pointing to this folder.

Hope this helps!

Have a look at the following KB article we restarted the P.SQL Services: Pervasive.SQL 2000 Error 3012 and Error 3014 Checklist

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Could someone email me the kb872105 as I do not have access to the site?

muprhie did you receive the kb article for this issue? i am in a similar position to yourself - new it role having issue with Great Plains and cant find out how to get around this issue.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me please

I got the same issue here for just 1 person.

An operation on table "SY_pathnames" has cause an unklnown error (94).

Would have to know how it is working to fix it...anyone can copy paste the content of the above link ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back