Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzn

MIS
Jan 28, 2005
GB
thread955-1179983

I randomly get the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

We have Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2003 SP2. I think it is a reverse DNS issue. Our domain name and dns entries are held at Network Solutions and our broadband link is supplied by BT. Network Solutions have mentioned that I need to ask BT to set up a reverse DNS which I have just done. The mail I have sent to them is as follows:
mail server ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
domain: mydomain.com

Do I need to make any changes to the mail server? One thing to add aswell, is these bounce backs dont always arrive immediately, sometimes they arrive after a restart of the services. Message sent ages ago!!

Any help appreciated thank you.

Problem solved. I could not get the ISP to create a reverse dns lookup because we have 3 email domains all hosted at the same public ip address and I dont have any spare ips. I have created spf records and walla all working ... I can now send to the email addresses that were kicking up a fuss .... hope this helps someone in the same position :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back