Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your interesting uses for IBM Director 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kooch

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
CA

I thought I would start a thread to see what kind of custom uses people have implemented with IBM Director. I've just begun using it really and I'd like to see what other techs are doing with it!

I recommend using it for deployment through RDM. Using Director for remote monitoring can be a headache due to all the false errors.

We mainly use it for RDM. Some monitoring. We were going to deploy PCs from it as well, but gave up with that a long time ago and use Altiris instead.

We mainly use IBM Director for monitoring actually .. yes under 4.2x we get some false errors though the older systems are slowly but surely phased out and replaced with newer better supported systems.

Occasionally we receive e-mails of defective harddrives, fans or other issues - that's about all we do with Director.

I have director 5.10.3 running the vm management and updatexpress server deployments and ServeRAID addon. And sending all hardware alerts to Tivoli Enterprise Console.

Eric
Whirlpool Corp.

We just started using IBM Director 5.10, it looks like a very powerful management application, basically we're using it for hardware inventory (Monitoring) and remote access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back