Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your call cannot be completed at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSIjon

Technical User
Jun 25, 2007
CA
Greeting,

I have a DID # which is forwarded to a # that terminates on a ACD Q which is NCFW'd to a 5.0 CallPilot application. When the forwarded # is called the message "your call cannot be completed at this time" is played and then the call disconnected. I have opened up the default RPL list to allow all, however the same problem.

If I call the termination DID # the call works fine....but calling the # on forward does not.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?....or to collect more log information from CP. When I look at the DCH messaging on the PBX side both calls look identical.

Thanks

If the message is "your call cannot be completed at this time", that's not CallPilot. That's your carrier. I think you have to many forwards in this game. Start with one and work from there.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

That's what I thought however: i) I see the CDR record for the CallPilot agent ii) there is no subsequent outbound call as I was monitoring the DCH iii) I see from the port monitor a channel answering and iv) on the Nortel Solution troubleshooting database it lists this as a CP response

Is there any CP log I can check to see what is happening? there are no CP alarms/events.

Thanks

The system will respond with a fast error tone, indicating that the call did not go through. The carrier will always respond with a recording. Again, start with one item at a time to see where it's failing.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

If the message has the following "your call cannot be completed at this time. Transferring to an attendant", then this is most likely CallPilot. I would look at the number that is originally called, (the OCN), as this is the number that CallPilot will be receiving and acting on. For example, if the number 505 555 1234 was called and is directed to ACD Q 5000, then you may need to add an SDN of 503 555 1234 and point it to the correct appBuilder application.

Good Luck,
Barnie

Thanks Barnie. I tried putting different combinations of the incoming # in the SDN tables without success. Is there any log I can check in CallPilot to find out what number is being rejected?

I see what is coming in on the DCH and putting that in the SDN table did not help.

Yes, you can use the AML trace from support tools. Or, if you are on release 5.0 with the latest beta patch SU09S, you can use Flight Recorder. Both of these will give detailed information on the OCN.

If you are not receiving the "...transferring to an attendant", it is most likely not even hitting the CallPilot. An easy way to test this on a quiet system is to monitor the channels from the system monitor GUI under system utilities. If you see channels go active at the same time as your call, probably hitting CallPilot. No active channels probably getting blocked in the PBX.

Good Luck,
Barnie

Thanks....only @ SU08 and the exact message is "your call cannot be completed at this time" - and since the CP channel monitor shows a channel active everytime a call is made & a CDR record is cut on the ACD port agent so I can only assume it is CP providing the greeting.

you should use a phantom 500 number with a DFDN to the CP CDN/agent queue and have the phantom 500 in the SDN table as the app you are trying to use.

also, why not just forward the DID to Callpilot directly and skip the middle number??? just add the DID (ext) in the SDN table and use whatever application.....

The Message "Your Call cannot be completed at this time ..."
is normally to do with outbound calling and restriction levels. Does the associated CallPilot application try to make a transfer, if so the problem is 'Restriction Permissions Lists' or equivalent in the CallPilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back