Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your basic online store 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

artdirectoreric

Instructor
Jun 26, 2001
US
I have another website that needs a shopping cart. I'm not interested in credit card authorizations or anything to do with the final payment, I just want a way to have a button on an item (database-driven) so that item is added to a shopping cart which can then be confirmed and modified by the customer before sending to the client as an email. I'm sure someone on here has done this before or knows where to start. Thanks.

Wellllllll, hmm... I'm going to keep investigating this, of course, because the site has a rich forum full of information, but right now all of the products are in an Access database and the site you sent me to wants the info hard-coded into javascript. However, all is not lost because I'm developing another site with much fewer items and this setup will work perfectly with that.

Thanks. I'm going to check that out. I found out that I CAN use Nopcart with an Access database with a little experimentation. My main hurdle was using CDONTS instead of formmail.

Hi,
I happened to see this old post since I'm trying to use the Nopcart application for a simple web-shop.
When setting the whole thing up, I realized that the server I use only supports CDONTS for sending emails from applications.
Now I'm in desperate need of some advice on how to be able to send information from the checkout page with CDONTS, preferably, if possible, a code example since I'm a novice on this kind of applications.
/Regards Reijo

It's been so long I couldn't tell you exactly what I had to do to make it work. Even then I've decided to give up on web design and concentrate on things I'm already good at. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back