Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Your Assistant Logon Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampet

Technical User
Jun 30, 2006
GB
Hi all, we've happily been running YA 3.3 for the past few years until we had an issue with our teleworker.

Trying to reconfigure YA as I did not originally set this up. For the TW settings it requires a Logon Server IP address. Would this be the same as the ICP address.

TW Version 8.2.15.0

Thanks for any help

I believe that is what the early software called it. Just as an aside the product has really come a long way and you might want to investigate and upgrade.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I think I'm almost there.

I remember something about the YA client using the windows login credentials as the user ID but I can't remember where to set this.

Any ideas?

From what I recall when you setup a user you setup up the user with the same YA user name as you used to login to your computer i.e if you login to your PC with doverb as a user then the YA user would also be doverb. The passwords might even of had to match. You might even have had to include the domain. i.e microsoft\doverb if the domiain were microsoft.com. The YA client might have to at some point user the PC's user credentials as part of its startup.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back