Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You Know Your A Nortel(Avaya) Tech If 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
I will start this classic post with an easy one.

"When counting you always say ZERO then start with 1,2,3.....

When every support call starts with "Have you got the installed the latest patches

When Avaya support tells you to reload your primary ucm server to fix the latest issue you ran into.

When the patches you are told to load don't fix the original issue, create a new issue and you have to open a new case for the new issue.

When you think the acronym ACD stands for "Automatically Corrupted Database".

Or as GH said (or i think it was him) PATCH p=per a=Avaya t=this c=crap h=has issues

Was not me. I don't believe in patches :)

You know you're a Nortel tech if you are reading Cisco and Avaya Red manuals.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

You know your a Nortel Tech when -- You wish Nortel was still in business and Avaya wasn't.

when you've been working on the same gray boxes since they had swinging doors.. and this is the 2nd time you have worked on rls 6

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

When you get an Avaya Engineer and you know more than he does

When you know that the update provided will fix you issue BUT WILL ALSO create a new issue. And they continue to send a patch to fix the patch...!!!

When user are angry cause phones are not working but you know that you cannot do nothing....[banghead]

VERY FUNNY SO FAR GUYS!! Let's keep it up!!!

.... You recently attended an Avaya class and they only used UCM and Element Manager to perform system changes (and that is your first EM experience for actually using the 'Phone' section to build a phone) WHAT HAPPENED TO COMMAND LINE??

I never saw that you could perform phone builds/changes in EM before :D I mostly used it to look at device logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back