Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You do not have permission to use the selected printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kippy13

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
IE
Hi All,
Okay,
Recently we put Office 2003 SP2 and XP SP2 on large number of machines. Even with a lot of testing before hand there have been some incidents.
One of which is this:
When a user tries to print to a networked printer from Outlook only they get the message:
You do not have permission to use the selected printer-If you need access contact your network administrator.
They can print to the printer from other apps and adding/removing the printer doesnt resolve the issue.
I;ve seen a few issues mentioned on the MS site however I dont think they are relevant to our environment.
Any help appreciated, let me know if there is anything else you need to know,
Kippy

The linked article talks about incorrect Permissions at this location. Wouldn't hurt to look at the whole Spool folder too in case there is a problem there.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

You may receive an error message when you try to print a document to a network shared printer from a computer that is running Windows 2000

Cheers linney,
I've spoted that article however it didnt seem relevant to the situation I find myself in however I will take a look at it and the spool folder as well.
Will let you know how I get on,
Kippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back