Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You do not have permission to use *.mdb object

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokeymonsc

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
US
Help!
Somehow I have done something to to my access application where when I try to open the mmis.mdb I get an error message:
"You do not have the necessary permissions to use 'Path/mmis.mdb' object. Have your system admin or the person who created this object establish the appropriate permission for you"
The problem is 'I am the system admin and the creator of this object' and it won't open up even to let me modify the group permissions.
I went into a file called security.mdw and that's when the trouble started, but I can't find a way to copy, export, or do anything that will let me even open any portion of the program. Anybody ever run across this before???????

Restore the system.mdw file from your backup.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back