Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcburks

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2006
US
I administer an Exchange 2k3 server here at work and I've come across a weird problem. I have one user who cannot reply to emails. She get the following error:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator

He work around for this is to forward her reply to the originating person. This works just fine, except of course is a pain to have to type in the recipient's name every time. Does anyone have any ideas as to what would cause this?

I've asked her if this happens everytime she tries to reply but she is apparently out of the office right now.

Is this to anyone everywhere? just to those within your organization? or to a specific email address?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

I'm not sure exactly. Most of who she sends to are internal users. She couldn't send me a reply to one of the emails I sent her, she had to fwd it back to me with her reply.

Here is the exact message she gets back:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: CHECK
Sent: 7/9/2008 1:33 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Firstname, Lastname on 7/9/2008 1:33 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.
MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=DomainName:Servername

I called her and she has already left for the day so I can't verify right now if it's to everyone. She did say that "several of my emails return this way when I have just hit reply" so I'm guessing it's not all of them, but I am just guessing.

Well, confirm with her when she returns and let us know. Also check that she's hitting "Reply" and not "Reply to All".

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

There are no more PDC's! There are DC's with FSMO roles!

Ok, sorry for the delay she just now got back with me. She can SEND to anyone, but if she tries to reply it won't go. She used to be able to Forward the message and it go but now it won't even do that. She keeps getting the "You do not have permission to send to this recipient" message.

Thanks,
Matt B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back