Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You cannot use Peachtree right now because the serial number(s).....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaltaC

Technical User
Jun 9, 2005
US
We have Peachtree Premium 2007 with multi-user license (5). It is hosted on a peer-to peer network and we can successfully connect from another PC. When I try to access the networked company from a third PC I get the following error message:

"You cannot use Peachtree right now because the serial number(s) you have (XXXXXXXX) are already in use by the maximum number of computers. If you feel you have reached this message in error, wait 1 minute and then try logging on again."

I have tried the following:
1) Rebooting the third computer and the computer the company files are on.
2) Deleting all the *.lck and *.ptl files from the company folder.
3) Mapped and remapped the drive on the third computer.
4) Uninstalling and reinstalling the Peachtree and the Pervasive database programs per Peachtree knowledge base answer ID: 21478 link: /std_adp.php?p_faqid=21478&p_created=1187783119&p_sid=mXgdfg*i&
p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZ
wX3Jvd19jbnQ9MSZwX3Byb2RzPTAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBl
PWFuc3dlcnMuYV9pZCZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PTIxNDc4&site_ID=&p_li=&p
_topview=1

Nothing has worked and I keep receiving this error message. I have no problem connecting from the first or second computers.

Thanks,

Paul

The cause of this error is due to how the pervasive database is installed, during and after the Peachtree Accounting installation process.

The resolution involves changing your registry.

Many Peachtree support centers can help you. Go to Peachtree's website and look for local support. (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back