Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You cannot insert a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbusgpuser

Technical User
Dec 12, 2011
US
I'm getting an error "You cannot insert a row" in sale transaction entry window as a end user and a sa user. This only happens when I am trying to add an item in between an existing order that is still "open" status from an order that's been created through eConnect. I've created an sales order manually and attempted to do the same. It actually allows me to insert no matter who I'm logged in as.
Any suggestion on why this will happen?

This blog post by Mariano Gomez should help understand why you are not able to insert rows:
Inserting rows should not be dependent on user security. Is it possible that your eConnect import is specifying line sequence numbers instead of letting them default?

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2011
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

It it a good article and I do understand the concept behind it now. But is it only the numbering restriction? I haven't tested this or checked this but if the numbers are generated with 16384 and so on, I shouldn't have trouble inserting a new line in between if the order only has 2 or 3 lines. So is there GP restriction for those particular eConnect order/line items that will prevent from inserting a row?

This will be controlled by your eConnect import, not GP. If you pass in values for the line number sequence as part of your import, that's what will be used. Otherwise, if you're not passing them in, they will default to 16384, 32768, etc.

There is a related thread on the GP Community Forum that you might want to keep an eye on or chime in on:
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2011
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Thanks for the suggestions. I followed the community.dynamics.com and found out that the eConnect actually incremented by 1 for the sequence number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back