Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You can have it all (and then some)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thadeus

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
website said:
There is no limit as to the type of report you can create, with more to come.

Gotta love a marketing line like this.

~Thadeus

It is all encompassing but we promise there will be more!

Mike Barone

"One forgets words as one forgets names. One's vocabulary needs constant fertilizing or it will die."

- Evelyn Waugh

When I worked for AT&T there was a sign in the meeting room "Quality if never an accident, it is always the result of intellegent effort", big, well printed sign, and no one noticed, even after I crossed out "if" and wrote in "is".

DonBott

Just saw this one from Dell:

Instant credit decision - in 60 seconds!

~Thadeus

Aren't these things counter-productive like those motivational mottoes that come over as being patronising ?

What about "All you can eat"

AFAIK, "All you can eat" isn't a rip-off, as it is advertising exactly what you get - all you can eat - usually for a set amount.

I've never been into an "all you can eat" place that has restrictions on the amount you can eat... Although they do restrict you to eating in only, normally.

Dan

>Although they do restrict you to eating in only, normally.

In that case, take a good book with you, starting very early, and feast all day.

All I can eat" would seem to imply that I could return on another day and eat again at no additional charge. Perhaps, "all you can eat in one sitting" or "within two hours" would be more accurate.

I actually have at times taken a book somewhere and read and eaten for several hours. Mostly I was getting in on the soda refills rather than the food, but no one tossed me out either way.

All-you-can-eat places usually do say that you can't take any food home. [smile]

-------------------------------------
It is better to have honor than a good reputation.
(Reputation is what other people think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.)

I'd prefer "All you care to eat". Many Americans seem to take "All you can eat" too seriously and they gorge themselves.

[tt]-John[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back