Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

You are not authorized to access that database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihcc2uni

Technical User
Mar 26, 2007
US
I have a user who requested access to a database. I have gone into the NSF file for the database on the correct server and Managed the ACL. However she still is unable to access it. Is there anything else I need to set for her to be able to access it. It worked fine on her old PC but the new PC is throwing this error. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Are you sure that that is the database the user is attempting to access ?

Can the user access any other database on that server ?

Are you sure that the user's name is the proper one in the database ACL ?

Is the user part of any group that is specified as having No Access to either the server or that database ?

Has she restarted her client since the change and is still unable to access it ? (yeah, I know, this is nudging into crazy territory, but still).

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

I'm way past going crazy on this one.

She is able to access other databases on the server.
Username is correct.
Not part of any No Access groups.
She has restarted client and PC.

I've checked effective permissions, all good. I've removed her name from the database and re-added, still nothing. I am running out of ideas quickly.

I received a suggestion to use a designer client to turn on debugging and open database as her, but not sure how to do that either.

Thanks again.

Theoretically, if her effective access is okay, then she should access the database content.

Designer debugging is a good idea, but the problem I see is that you'll have to activate her access to Designer level. You may not like doing that.

In any, debugging is easy. Log on with her ID in a Designer-enabled Notes client, turn on LotusScript debugging in Tools and open the database. A debug window will popup with the usual Step Into, Step Over and Continue functions. Step through until you get the error and you'll be fixed.

Of course, I say that as a 20-year Notes developer veteran. You might not appreciate the experience as I would :)

I am ready to do anything I can to help.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

That is what I was thinking that she should have access. I gave another user access to another NSF in same way today and it worked instantly so not sure why this one is giving me fits

I'm trying to figure out the Designer option still..

1. I installed the Domino Designer 8.5 on my machine (along with Notes and Domino Admin already being installed).
2. I login to the Domino Designer as her
3. I click File > Launch Lotus Notes
4. In Notes I click Tools > Debug Lotus Scripts (places a check next to it and says enabled in status bar)
5. I try to open database and get the error. Click OK

I just did all that again and debug window popped up when I did Launch Lotus Notes. But I couldn't get behind it to open the database. I click Step Into a bunch of times but couldn't get behind it. I clicked Continue and it went away so I could get to the workspace and make the error happen but the debug window didn't come back.

How do I get the debug window to pop up on demand? I apologize for being a noob at this. It just fell into my lap and trying to figure it all out on the fly. Thanks for all your help!

I am glad to be of service, but for the moment I haven't helped you much :).

The debug window can indeed disappear, it depends a bit on the focus of the element that it is calling.

In any case, if it was an access issue, you wouldn't have been able to get into it at all. It is therefor not an access issue. You will need a developer to sort things out.

What was the error message ?

I got it! I don't know why this worked but I re-certified the ID as if it was an expired ID (it wasn't expired though) and that did the trick. She now has access. Does not make sense to me why that fixed it.

Now on to my next Lotus problem. Thanks again!

Congratulations and well done.

I wouldn't have thought of doing that before trying a few more things.

In any case, I'll be happy to actually help you next time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back