Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ymodem transmit fails when 10 NAK's received

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bty_User

Technical User
Feb 22, 2017
US
Good afternoon,

I'm very new to Aspect and have found it useful for a particular project. I've scraped together some suggestions on this forum to develop my current script (much appreciated). I'm now struggling with YMODEM transfers to a handheld PC over a phone line. I believe my script is correct, I'll attach it below. The script is able to receive files using YMODEM that are relatively small in size (.5MB). Transmitting larger files (8MB) causes the YMODEM pop up to get roughly 20% through then it begins to receive NAK's and the handheld PC shows an error "Too many errors during transmission" and the connection terminates. I have tried setting DTR allowances very high using AT commands with no success. I can provide the current modem settings if needed also.

When transmitting the file via YMODEM and the unit connected via a serial dock and modem out of the equation, the transfer works every time.

Also, I cannot figure out how to send my script back to the beginning after the transfers finish.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=29cf3845-20bf-4991-aaf9-e1a48dc7be70&file=Modem_Script.TXT
Bump. Hope someone can chime in eventually! [glasses]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back