Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yikes! one event blocks another

Status
Not open for further replies.

LISABBB

Technical User
May 3, 2006
US
I have a form which I am using
DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, 5, , acMenuVer70
which does a good job of refreshing/updating everything on the form. Once that is done, my intent was to either open a form, or have a pop-up that informed the user that they needed more money before they could print. I am using an If statement to determine if we print or not, and it worked just fine until I added the line for refreshing/updating. Since both things have to happen based on a single click of a button, and the refresh needs to happen prior to printing the info, I can't make two buttons. Seems like this should work, but for some reason it doesn't. Any thoughts?

And have you tried using:

Me.Refresh or
Me.Requery

Or Me.Recalc

Personally, I've never had much luck with the DoMenuItem method so I never use it anymore.

Ken S.

One event does not block another. What the can(an frequently DO do) is generate a recvursive process. Thes may SEEM like a block or more often a freeze up, but it not a block. Events and procedures are triggered by what ever they are triggered by regardless of other actions. You shoud carefully review the entire form and ALL of it's controls for event triggers and see which / if any are instantiated by your 'click' routine. If you arn't up to doing this manually, you might try stepping through the process by placing a brekpoint nrear the top of the click event and steping through the process until you 'see the light' or find additional clues to where you (or at least teh code you hve gnerated) have gone awry.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back