Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yet another 2K question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbMitel

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
CA
This one I'm pretty sure I know the answer to but I've been surprised before.

On a 2K is there any command that can verify whether a single line set is plugged in or not?

Assuming no.

As often as I wished there was, the Mitel genie never granted it.

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

By single line set, I assume you mean an analog/ONS set. In which case, no. I'm not even sure how that would be possible, since the line resistance will vary depending on the cable distance.

I would imagine that a phone plugged in would be detectible but if wishes were horses...

There's got to be a means of electrical magic to detect an analog set on the line, as the telcos used to do it on CO switches overnight to find opens (and even count phones on the line to catch unauthorized extension telephones back in the leased instrument days) but I've yet to see a PBX implement this as a feature.

Closest I've seen is on the Definity when a set is configured as having a neon MWI. During daily testing if the switch can't see a neon on the station ports assigned to have one, an alarm will be asserted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back