Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yes/No value - can the value change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpquick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2001
GB
Hope someone can help me. I have a Yes/No checkbox in Access 97 and I want to make the Yes value = "pict.jpg" and the No value to = ""
if anyone can help I would really appreciate it
Regards
Richard

That wouldn't work would it? You are going to get into Select product where stocked = pict.jpg. How would Jet work out that pict.jpg is a yes?

You probably want to show yes as a fancy button? I think you will have to create another field which contains your chosen image or manipulate the properties of the control that will display the yes/no. I don't think you can use a check box as I can't see how to change the image it shows. mike.stephens@bnpparibas.com

Thanks for your reply.
What I am trying to do is display a jpg when the value = Yes in a web page instead of displaying "yes". On the database form when the user checks a Yes then the value "pict.jpg" gets submitted to the database not the Yes/No value - possible?
Cheers
Richard

It sounds like what you need is another variable. The value of the new variable can be set with the click event of the yes/no check box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back