Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

yellowed desi faceplates - any solutions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstateny

Vendor
Aug 11, 2001
US
anybody know of a way to get the yellowed desi coverplates back to clear - or a place to buy new / refurb ones???

Hi upstateny,
The actual plastic goes yellow. That's it. Buy new ones from the parts dept. Sorry, I don't have the com codes for these. Perhaps someone else can help here?
-Chris

tahnks for the tip! that's teh type of info i was hoping for

Desi.com is no longer offering plastics at the moment, but they referred me to American Poster Company

APC offers desis and plastics for just about all the Partner & Merlin phones. I have not tried them yet, so cannot yet endorse their product.

BTW, Desi.com says they will sell individual desis by fax/phone order; by web, you can only buy packs of 25 or 50.

I'd advise ordering a "sample" of the plastic covers or obtaining more of a description from any vendor.

I love DESI's labeling product, however, it was a smart decision to discontinue offering the plastics they had for Partner and MLS series phones. They were a very thin 2-dimensional flat sheet stamped with holes for the buttons and tabs that bent under and into the anchoring points.

These thin plastic covers chronically bubble up in the middle at make it impossible to read the desi label below without first pushing on the plastic cover between the buttons.

Most refurb shops offer the original 3-dimensional thick (3/32"'s or so) molded plastic covers, but ask and know! While I don't have any specific co's to suggest, I'm sure you'll get a few responses and recommendations in this thread.

After watching this post for about two weeks I ordered
the plastic covers from three different places.....
I found excellant replacements at Refurbsupplies.com.
Nice thing is you dont have to order in bulk. They have an on-line catalogue with lots of other repair stuff with prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back