Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yellow prints green

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knudde

MIS
Sep 26, 2003
BE
Hi there,

Phaser 840 DX
Yellow Test print on hidden service menu gives me a green sheet. Done 3 times a cleaning, gets a litter better on the right side of the printoutput (a little more yellow) but still far from uniform yellow coloring
Same test print but then selecting black or blue produces a sheet with no defects.
How can melted Yellow Wax turn to green? unless it's mixing blue into it i would think?

tnxs

For this cand of printer, check if you do not have accidently ink for an 850. If so the yellow becomes green, if not, yellow is not used often or the ink is burned. (to hot inside printhead). Dany

Dany is right. If you are using the right ink for the 840 you will have to run enough prints through to remove all of the baked ink. I have the same problem on our 850 if I don't print often enough. I run full pages of C,M, or Y through until the color returns. I keep a reference print on file so that I can see when the color is changing. I usually burn 1/3 - 1/2 a stick before I can flush out all of the cooked ink.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back