Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yellow exclaimation marks next to IDE controller ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PROLIZA

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2003
US
I have a Compaq DeskPro 2000, and I am using Windows 98. I am trying to fix a sound problem, as well as, a problem with the CD-ROM (it's not working !!!)

When I go into Control Panel, System, Device Manager and look under VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller, I see two devices that have yellow exclamation marks. They are:

Primary IDE controller (dual fifo), and
Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)

I tried deleting "VIA Bus Master PCI IDE Controller", then the computer recognized the two devices and reinstalled
the same old drivers which did not correct the problem !!!

I can't locate the proper drivers to remove the yellow marks from the devices in Control Panel.

How can I get my computer to work - without the yellow marks next to these devices ?????

Thank you
gwkremer@bellsouth.net

Go to Start/Run, type regedit, click OK, and click the + next to each of the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\VXD\IOS
Then, look in the right window for an entry named 'NOIDE'.
If it's there, then right click on it, click 'Delete', shut down 'Registry Editor', and restart the system.
See if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back