Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yellow circle with exclamation point in the middle? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilPeppard

IS-IT--Management
Oct 14, 2002
US
I have a few client machines I just installed NAV CE 7.5 on and the shield has a yellow circle with and exclamation point in the middle of it. What does that represent? Thanks!

that the app is not running.

reboot the client first. then check free HD space. Some clients I had didn't install remotely. I had to install the client software direct. that also fixed some of the problems.

also, on NT, 2K and XP boxes sometimes just starting the service will solve the problem

Thanks. We have a lot of Citrix users and this is where I am primarily seeing it.

have you installed the software at the client? or remotely?

go load it on the client from the CD, it should be on the 2nd cd in the set.

It seems to only be happening to Citrix users, on their Citrix Desktop.

I just needed to know what it meant. Thanks for all the feedback. :)

We too run NAV 7.5 here, I know that if your using Windows Terminal Client to "see" computers, the icon will appear in the systray with a yellow explenation point, but if you go to the PC thats not the case. This is a confirmed bug from symantec.

In your case, if you go to the terminal server form where the clients are getting their session and its systray icon is OK, their is no problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks MRiley11672! That is exactly the case. The Citrix Servers show the icon ok, but the clients have the exclamation icon. Looks like we are ok here. Thanks again!

NAV 7.5 does NOT support Citrix Metaframe. Version 7.6 was the first. =============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back