Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Year Start Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsf

MIS
Apr 5, 2004
NZ
Crystal Enterprise: 8.5

I need to set the start of the Financial year to the day after the last Friday of November i.e. the start of the financial year this time is 27/Nov/2004

The below formula that sets the start of the year to the day after the last Friday of November worked fine last year but this year its started throwing this error: A month number must be between 1 and 12

Code:
if dayofweek(Dateadd("m", -month({?Run Date})-1, date(Year({?Run Date}),month({?Run Date})+1, 01)-1)) <> 6 then
Dateadd("m", -month({?Run Date})-1, date(Year({?Run Date}),month({?Run Date})+1, 01)-1)-dayofweek(Dateadd("m", -month({?Run Date})-1, date(Year({?Run Date}),month({?Run Date})+1, 01))) else
Dateadd("m", -month({?Run Date})-1, date(Year({?Run Date}),month({?Run Date})+1, 01)-1)-dayofweek(Dateadd("m", -month({?Run Date})-1, date(Year({?Run Date}),month({?Run Date})+1, 01)))+7

Can someone please tell me whats wrong with it and how it can be fixed? It needs to return 27/Nov/2004

Cheers,

JSF

Any one have any idea how to fix this problem?

Cheers,

JSF

This is adapted from a formula from Ken Hamady's site:

If (Month({?Run Date}) < 11) Or (Month({?Run Date}) = 11 And Day({?Run Date}) < Day(CurrentYear)) Then
(Date(Year({?Run Date}) - 1, 11, 2) - DayOfWeek(Date(Year({?Run Date}) - 1, 11, 2)) + 6) + 22
Else
(Date(Year({?Run Date}), 11, 2) - DayOfWeek(Date(Year({?Run Date}), 11, 2)) + 6) + 22

-dave

Missed a variable declaration when I posted that... past this at the beginning of the previous post:

DateVar CurrentYear := (Date(Year({?Run Date}), 11, 2) - DayOfWeek(Date(Year({?Run Date}), 11, 2)) + 6) + 22;

-dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back