Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yeah, it's an identify question again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targaff

Technical User
Nov 21, 2002
GB
Sorry to be a pain ;)

I've currently got an RS56/SP-PCI waiting to be put into a machine, but I've tried it previously and I've had the problems others have mentioned using the generic drivers whereby the sound doesn't cease when connected. I'll try the M0L0 solution once it's in the machine, but in the meantime I was wondering if someone might be able to help identify the card more accurately so I can find manufacturer's drivers rather than use the generic ones (which are stopgap, of course).

The card has the following markings:

The chipset is Conexant RS56/SP-PCI, R6793-11, ref. B89408.7 9944 Korea. In the top right corner of the front of the card is the following:

FM-56PCI V:RWHS-C
552-5600-029
Made in Taiwan

On the rear of the card are two stickers. The first has three boxes, in the first of which is written:

625-811050*J*1426
RI56-21PR-AC3

The two boxes below have red stamps of QC-J and QA-9 respectively.

The other sticker has the text M56PCI/S-RWM in large letters, then below that a barcode preceded with s/n (serial number, presumably) and the numbers 912001870.

There's also another sticker, but it appears to be a sales sticker, saying CE 0197X. Unfortunately I cannot find an FCC ID anywhere.

I know this is information overkill, but I'm hoping providing all details might help one of the experts here to identify the card for me :) TIA.

I have a modem that almost exactly matches your description
did you get any info on yours or manage to locate the drivers

Thanks
Daryl

Hi there,

Unfortunately I haven't. As I mentioned, however, the general drivers from Conexant do work, and I'm presuming adding the additional settings to the connect string works as well (I haven't had the chance to try it, for one reason or another).

If you have it installed, this webpage might interest you:

In that it provides a (somewhat roundabout) means of identifying the manufacturer of a modem. Whether or not it works or not is another matter - again, I haven't been able to try it - but it's worth a try.

It could be an Acorp.
Homepage is Hit the "Drivers" link, and see if you can figure it out.
If that site doesn't help, get it from driverguide: Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back