Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo Messenger on Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksandbergfl

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
Hi there. I am attempting to get Yahoo Messenger running on Solaris 5.8, on a Ultrasparc Enterprise 250. Has anyone done this successfully?

The problem I am having is this -- Yahoo Messenger starts up OK, but when I try to edit any preferences, it core dumps. I'm pretty sure I have all the latest Gtk libs and all of that stuff (I downloaded them from Ximian.com).

My Solaris box sits behind a firewall, so I need to configure YMessenger to the "Firewall No Proxies" setting, so that all YMessenger communications goes thru port 80. YM's default settings use port 5050 - and since I don't have access thru port 5050, I think that's why it's blowing up on me.

If nothing else -- if someone has YMessenger running on Solaris, can you temporarily set your YM to "Firewall No Proxies", then email me a copy of your $HOME/.ymessenger/preferences file? I think I could just plug in this file and everything would work OK.

I appreciate any comments you can share to help me figure this out!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back