Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo Messenger Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr3953

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2002
US
I know its not important thing but its getting on my nerves. Does any one ever had a problem with Yahoo Messenger 7.0? When I try to open a contact before window appears I get IE script error, tried few things that I found on internet about deleting messenger folder and reinstalling messenger all over again but it didn't work. I have no idea what causing it. Its Sony desktop with XP Home OS. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sincerely,

Michael

You know, I have *yet* to get Yahoo messenger to run well on *any* machine I've ever installed it on.

I've had it crash machines and applications.

AIM isn't much better (although Triton seems OK)... but I know that AIM's ads every so often will have shoddy code that will barf the application.

Believe it or not, my IM of choice is Windows Live Messenger. (formerly MSN Messenger)

Just my 2¢

"In order to start solving a problem, one must first identify its owner." --Me
--Greg

I like GAIM as a client because it's small and connects to an array of IM services, including Yahoo. You could try that instead of the Yahoo client and see if your problems persist. If they do, they may be deeper than just the Yahoo client. I'd suspect something in the direction of Internet Explorer.

I know it sucks, but this is the only version I am having crap like this all previous versions worked fine. :)

Thanks maxthedork, I will try .

Sincerley,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back