Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo! Instant Messenger will not connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgehopkins

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
US
On my server (which I had to reboot) Yahoo! Instant Messenger no longer works and it will not work on any of my terminals.

Does rebooting cause some of the IM settings to change?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Please, if you need more info, tell me what you need. Thank you for your time.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

No longer works" means that Yahoo! Instant Messenger will not connect on some terminals; on the terminals where it does connect, it stays connected for a few minutes and then, for reasons unknown to me, disconnects.

Thank you for your time and interest.

“Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” George Carlin

What is an AD environment?

There are two guaranteed rules of success: First, never tell everything you know.

If you have to ask then it isnt.

Check the application logs in event viewer first.

Do you have a firewall installed?

As y'all probably know by now, Yahoo! was "upgrading" (computer talk for "screwing up") its site and caused problems worldwide.

Thanks for your time.

There are two guaranteed rules of success: First, never tell everything you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back