Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Yahoo Bulk Mail issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

balajipn

Programmer
Mar 30, 2004
IN
Hi,

I am getting lot of bulk mails in my bulk mail folder. I tried unsubscribing them, but still getting more and more junk mails. Is there any software (needs to be integrated with yahoo web-based mail) that blocks the bulk mails from getting into my yahoo account?. I have already blocked nearly hundred email addresses/domains in yahoo.

I have problems with yahoo spam guard also. It looks like Yahoo's spam guard is not that good. Some of my valid mails are moved to bulk mail folder. When I click the "Not spam" button, it moves the current message into inbox, but the future messages again reaches the bulk mail folder only. Does any one has a solution for this?. Also, does any one encounters similar issues with yahoo?.

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Balaji.

First of all, the last thing you should ever do with SPAM, as that is what it is, is unsubscribe!
All you really do is confirm your address is a real one, so you just helped them spam you.

If at all possible, change you emailaddress, preferably to something not to easy. Example baja123 would be found instanly with automated spam applications.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

@hotmail.com @yahoo.com @virutallyanyfreeemailaddressdomain will be the brunt of spam receiving.

Unsubscribing from spam results in your getting mroe spam. The unsubscribe lists are sold by spammers to other spammers, and you just end up on another 100 million Email cd list sold for $25.

You just confimred your address; consider it unusable now.

I agree with marcs41. Also:

1. If you're using the Yahoo! free version, and you don't want to spend any money, your options are limited. If you are using the Yahoo! paid version, you can read your mail from the email client on your PC or MAC and implement a SPAM solution there (use Mail Help at Yahoo! and click on "POP Access & Forwarding" for more info).

2. Clicking "Not Spam" only works well once you have selected mail several times as "Not Spam"--but it will begin to work better the more you use it.

3. Consider using Yahoo's filters to get your valid mail to your inbox and out of the Bulk Mail folder rather than searching for them and clicking "Not Spam."

4. Note that if you don't HTML preview OFF, viewing SPAM will increase the amount of SPAM you get (do a search on "web bugs" for more info).

5. Finally, and you probably already knew this, note that Bulk mail doesn't count against your storage quota (not that that matters now that Yahoo has raised it so high). So blocking them doesn't matter except that they make it more time consuming to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back