Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YA Active Directory sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

ondamother

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2007
AU
Hi all,

I need a bit of clarification around Active Directory sync to the Corp Directory of the YA server. The way I understand this is that the YA will sync to AD but will only pull users out of AD that have an Extn programmed and an ICP ip address inputted into a pre determined Field with-in AD? Is this true? Also when I sync the YA too one of my 3300's it only pulls IP phones nothing else...

Thanks Guy's.

If you're running a 3300 with a 5330 or 5340 or 5560 turret, you might want to look at giving the client the new Integrated Office Companion (IOC). It's a pretty nice gee-whiz application that incorporates both AD and your Outlook Contacts into one quick click of the mouse on the taskbar. We've been testing internally in kind of a controlled introduction setting and so far it seems fairly bulletproof with only a couple minor warts.

We gave up on YA when they forced a server down our throat.

ondamother
You are correct, the YA Server will only pull users out of the directory if they have both a ip and a phone configured. The 3300 sync is limited to IP users in the TelDir. AD sync is a much better option.

MitelInMyBlood
Forced a server down your throat??? A little dramatic don't you think? The server supports co-residency so I am not sure what your issue is with a server requirement.

Thanks MitelInMyBlood,

Yes I know what you mean about YA, I've just installed ver 4.101 on a virtual Windows server which has gone really well. We have also put in Full OCS so have YA running along with OCS integration.

For the gerneral user, OCS is easyier to use with its clip on's with in Outlook, but the YA softphone with Collab module is a better product. The video and voice seems better compared to the OCS.

Cheers John.

Hey Dogmai, Thanks for replying.

Could you confirm for me one thing? Isn't the sync to AD for the YA Corporate Directory, based off Extn and 3300 IP address as well?

Cheers...

Yes, that is what I stated (unclearly) above "the YA Server will only pull users out of the directory if they have both a ip and a phone configured." Where IP was referring to the 3300 IP and "phone configured" was referring to having either a softphone or deskphone in AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back