Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

YA 5.0 Startup error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDECIT

Technical User
Apr 28, 2009
GB
I've searched for this error on the forums, there was an old post about YA 3.0 but they never posted what the solution was.

We have got 5 users using YA 5.0 softphones only, to a 3300 CX (latest v9 build) 4 of the users are fine 1 has an issue.

When running YA is hangs on Initializing Telephny Services and then displays the following error.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NewHeights.Library.UIThread.Execute(Delegate m)
at NewHeights.BootStrapper.FastBootManager.Boot()
at NewHeights.YA3.MainClass.Start(FastBootManager bootman)

The client is Windows XP SP3. Other threads suggested either TAPI or .NET issues. This client has all the lastest .NET updates.

Any suggestions?

Try renaming the Newheights folder found under Docs&Settings\<Username>\ApplicationData.

This will force YA to create a new instance of the DB locally on the users PC.

You could also try uninstalling and deleting that directory along with the directory within Program Files, rebooting and reinstalling.

Thanks I'll give it a go wen I can next gain access to the clients PC.

This worked for me. many thanks.

Try renaming the Newheights folder found under Docs&Settings\<Username>\ApplicationData

Hello, I have several users with the same problem, but it's more random and doesn't happen always.... same error msg:

System.Exception: The license file is corrupted. Cannot save license: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at NewHeights.Library.UIThread.Execute(Delegate m)
at NewHeights.BootStrapper.FastBootManager.Boot()
at NewHeights.YA3.MainClass.Start(FastBootManager bootman)

Tried renaming/deleting the db folder on the PC in question but no favorable result... any other suggestions or causes to this problem? Is it a corruption issue?

Thanks!

vlevalois,

Did you resolve this issue?
Getting the same error with Mitel UC on a terminal server for any user attempting to login.

No, was never resolved. We ended up reinstalling the OS and apps and that worked. No clue as to what could have been interfering, I suspect domain resolution issues possibly, or machine/user name, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back