Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Y:\ is not accessible problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepalm

Technical User
May 28, 2001
NZ
Hi,

I am getting this error on from one of my NT Servers when a Workstation tries to logon.

Y:\ is not accessible
No more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the computer can accept.

What can I do to solve this?

Thanks

Check the maximum number of connections to the sharename it is trying to connect to.

Chris.

Chris,

It just says Mamimum Allowed like the other shares do. I tried setting it at 50 to get everyone on but it still doesn't work. Its a real pain

Are you using Per-Server or Per-Seat Licensing? If you are usu=ing Per-Server, thats your problem. You have probably hit the maximum allowed connections.

Microsoft allows a one-time change-over from Per-Server to Per-Seat Licensing. I would suggest doing that.

Good Luck.

Try increasing the settings in the following registry keys.....

Registry location.....

HKLM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

keys are....

Maxworkitems - The default depends on your configuration, the range is 1 - 65,535

MaxMpxCt - The default is 50, the range is 1 - 65,535

Will changing from per Server to per Seat require a Server re-boot?

Thanks

Tony

As far as I know it does. I had the same problem. I had put in the wrong amount of connections allowed during the per server licensing in installation. This means only "X" amount of users/connections can be made concurrently.

This might fix your problem but if you're in a place that is strict with licensing this may not be a good idea.

Just a little bit of help.

Leo McGraw
Network Operations
Huffman ISD
lmcgraw@huffman.isd.esc4.net

Thanks to all that have replied, I have changed my server from per server to per seat and so far have had no more problems. (fingers crossed)

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back