Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XTS Voicemail, reset password for user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackard

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2017
US
Good morning. I've done some research, and it seems that when this question has been asked before, people didn't want to openly say the solution, so I must ask again.

Old XTS system, and I have a new employee that is inheriting a voicemail, that does not have the default password... How do I reset the password so we can access the voicemail box again?

Thanks in advance.

Exactly how depends on which voicemail platform - there are several potential Vodavi platforms that could be in service. Regardless of platform, these changes are made via admin access to the system. The admin guides are fairly straight-forward, and the default password was rarely changed.

Mike Forrence

Where can I get my hands on an admin guide?

Gotcha, yeah when I've googled Vodavi XTS, best I can find is the user guide, which I already have a hard copy.

Where do I look to see what the voicemail platform is? I inherited this system, and documentation is severely lacking.

If separate voicemail, you'd have a box with some indication of model. They're often purple. If "in-skin" (voicemail on a board), you'd need to open cabinet and look. The flash-based has a DB9 connector. The hard-drive based also has a hard drive. There was also a Pathfinder in-skin, but that was most often for high end use. Look at wedophones.com - they have many manuals. For voicemail, operation and admin didn't change per phone system. For example, the flash-based administers the same, regardless of if it's in an XTS, XTSc, Triad or STS phone system. If you get stuck, send me a note and I'll send you a manual.

Mike Forrence

Sorry for the delay in response. The MSP was on premises for another issue, and resolved it for that user, but now I have the same issue for another. MSP has been reluctant to give information to me to fix on my own... The voicemail is in-skin, flash based.

I found the manual you were referring to on wedophones.com, but I'm having trouble finding the information I'm looking for. I'm not sure how to even login to the system as administrator, and I found instructions on originally setting up and initializing the system. However, I still can't find how to login as admin, and reset the voicemail password to 0000.

The manual is very specific on how to administer the system, providing step-by-step instructions. If no joy, then your MSP is your best solution.

Mike Forrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back