Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSL variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigele2

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
GB
My XML looks like:

<e2contacts ......>
<company Prospect=&quot;0&quot; Formerclient=&quot;0&quot; Supplier=&quot;0&quot; PublicSector=&quot;0&quot; ITIndustry=&quot;0&quot;>
<conumber>10920</conumber>
<contacts addrnumber=&quot;1&quot; contactnumber=&quot;1&quot; X=&quot;1&quot; Technical=&quot;0&quot; Oracle=&quot;0&quot; User=&quot;0&quot; Seniormanagement=&quot;0&quot; golf=&quot;0&quot;>
<surname>Hiscoe</surname>

<note>null</note>
</contacts>

I want to output (among other things)

for each person: addrno, contactno, a link passing both values as parameters.

My XSL is:

<xsl:for-each select=&quot;@addrnumber&quot;> <xsl:value-of select=&quot;.&quot;/> </xsl:for-each>
<xsl:for-each select=&quot;@contactno&quot;> <xsl:value-of select=&quot;.&quot;/> </xsl:for-each>

now output link

If I use variables within the for loops they are out of scope by the time I want to construct the link.

Do I need to use parameters or can I create the variables at a higher level? I have read the bumf but remain baffled. Have I missed something basic?

Any help much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back