Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSL to show only meric values in MSTR 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

cusemann

Technical User
Feb 16, 2004
US
Does anyone know or have an XSL to display only metric values in a HTML document in MSTR 7.5?

e.g. I have a report with Year attribute and Revenue metric and it returns 10 rows.

I need an XSL on a document that shows 10 rows only with metric values and no attributes are displayed.

I have such an XSL for MSTR 7.2.3 but I need a new one for MSTR 7.5 as the standards have changed in MSTR 7.5.

7.5 uses the new XSLT standard, so you would need an new XSL. The old "XML=1" still works, so you would need to get the XML and change your XSL somewhat. Could you use OLAP services to achieve what you wanted? Sorry I don't have an XSL example

Hi Cuseman,

I ran into one of the problems that you went through a lil while ago. In one of your posts, you mentioned that you need an XSL style sheet to display only metrics by hiding the attributes in the report.
I am fairly new to "Document Objects" and here is the situation I am in. I have two reports as shown below:

Report#1:

CUSTOMER Metric #1 Metric #2
Cust#1 10 1
Cust#2 20 2
Cust#3 30 3
Cust#4 40 4

Report#2:

CUSTOMER Metric #3 Metric #4
Cust#1 1.1 10%
Cust#2 2.2 20%
Cust#3 3.3 30%
Cust#4 4.4 40%

I need to merger both reports to display the following document:

CUSTOMER Metric #1 Metric #2 Metric #3 Metric #4
Cust#1 10 1 1.1 10%
Cust#2 20 2 2.2 20%
Cust#3 30 3 3.3 30%
Cust#4 40 4 4.4 40%

Can you please help me out. Can you provide me with the XSL you used for Microstrategy 7.2.3.

Also, can you please point me to a source where I can learn more about XSLs that will be helpful in customizing reports in Microstrategy Documents.

Thank you in advance.

- Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back