Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xsl inside <a> tag 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnaregan

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
Hi
I'm writing a menu using xml/xsl. I have an xml like:
<item>
<itemtext>LinkTo</itemtext>
<itemaction> </item>
where itemaction is a link. I want xsl output like

<a href=&quot;My question is how do I write the xsl so that the <itemaction> xml data is inside a html tag (in this case an anchor).

Cheers in advance
John

John, we just did that a few days ago, click here: thread426-663076

Also do you know about the Keyword Search facility at the top of the message list?
[cheers]

-pete

tried that chum... but it didnt return anything, thanks for the link tho

>> but it didnt return anything

What does that mean? The XSL i posted in that message was unit tested so it does work. If you get no output then there is a problem with your XSL. Create the smallest possible XSL to re-create the problem you are having and post it here inside TGML code tags. To see help on TGML click the Process TGML link in the Step 2 Options box.

-pete

pete
the xsl in the message worked perfectly and it was the solution that I wanted.
I was just refering to the search in tek-tips not returning anything, once again thanks for the link

Thanks for clearing that up john. Yeah searching for stuff, using any search facility, can be a challenge. That is one reason that I occasionally suggest to members that they try to use standard terminology in their posts. Beyond basic communications benefits it significantly effects searching right?

If you read my posts in that thread you will see that I purposely used the word “anchor” being the official HTML term used to describe the <a> element. So the bottom line is that the Keyword Search of course finds both this thread and the previous one if you enter the word anchor and perform the search.

-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back