Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Xseries Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Williamc1977

Technical User
Dec 23, 2004
GB
Hi there

Is there a way of getting the configuration of a server while its still up and running ? I'm a hardware engineer and I need to do an audit of over 100 xseries and i dont want to take of the cover and check the part numbers.. All i need to know is the speed of the CPU, Memory config and size of hard drives and any PCI-X card installed.. Would i be able to get these info from the remote supervisor card if it's installed ? Or what about the IBM director ? As i havent used those card/software before.... Any help would be greatfull

Thanks in advance

William

You should be able to get this info via Director or via RSA, but depending on the OS, you can write simple scripts to pull this information for you since it exists in Windows (through WMI scripting) or in Linux
The person(s) who are managing your servers should easily be able to get u this info

Use DSA. Search for Serv-DSA and get the portable version for your OS. Read the txt file it will give you switches to use so you can import it as a HTML so you can read it.

It will list all the hardware stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back