Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xSeries 226 not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldBuilder

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2007
US
Hello all,

I bought an x226 last year. Slowly but surely, I have been adding parts to it before I put it into production. Hardware-wise, I am finally ready to go. Sorta...

This is in my house, so space is a little tight. As such, I have it sitting in a corner inside a telco rack. Not a very easy place to get to at all, and considering that this behemoth weighs about 70 pounds, not much fun to work on. It must be pulled out to do so.

Currently, the test OS is XP x64 SP2.

I just got done (yesterday) installing a DVD drive into it so I can install my production OS. Like an idiot, however, while I had it out in the open, I did not boot it to ensure all is well. I've done this sort of simple upgrade a billion times...

Well I just got done putting the server back into place in the corner rack. Hooked it all back up to the KVM and booted. It's stuck!!! The new DVD drive shows up in POST and I am getting no bad beeps. All SEEMS well, but it will not boot into Windows. I also cannot get into the BIOS. If I hit F12, it just sits on "Entering Boot Menu" forever. If I hit F1, it just sits on "Entering Setup" forever.

ARGH!!!

I really, really, really don't want to have to pull this monstrosity out again... Is there anything y'all can think of for me to do before I do that? Thanks!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back