Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xSeries 200 setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbletech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2006
Hi All
Got an old eServer type 847871x that work was throwing out. Had 1.5 GB of 133 RAM lying around so I thought I'd spin up maybe 3 VMs with light duties on it. Std box but it does have two CD drives on it.

First tried to just install win 2003 on it - kept copying files then rebooting and blue screening.

So I figured I needed the serverguide CD. After a bit of hunting found 6.12 when I boot with it get the SG splashscreen and an a: prompt. If I type setupsg.bat I get a lot of invalid drive errors.

When I type ramdrive.exe it shows a y: drive but it doesn't give me access to the C: drive or the serverguide CD. The C: drive probably is formatted with NTFS already.

Any ideas?

Just tried the Update Express CD ver 4.0.5 to try and at least get the BIOS to the latest version. Booted but then gave me error "Unable to access CD-Rom. This may be a limited support model that only supports update by package".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back