Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XSD and XML - Looking for quick and simple answer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbeach

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
Hello!

I am working on a PHP script where I need to render XML format data back to a remote client via HTTP (using web services).

I have been given the XSD file, which I understand to be, basically, the data type definition and the order/name of the elements, etc.

Now, how do I make the relation between XML and XSD? I mean, how do I link my XML so that it checks its integrity against the XSD document?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

SouthBeach,

Have a look at this tutorial:

At the end of the tutorial is a link to a schema validator. You can also download msxsl from Microsoft which I think will do a schema validation.

However, I might suggest that one of the best uses for schema is to create code that automatically produces schema valid XML. There are development tools on the market that will help you create web services. Perhaps you are using one of those, but my inference from the question is that you are on a different approach.

Tom Morrison
Hill Country Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back