Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xpressions question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetk

Technical User
Jun 25, 2005
US
Hi all,
I have just been decleared the new phone person here at my office, We have a Hipath 4000 along with a Hicom 300 at a remote site, and a single xpressions phonemail for the both. I
have a request from one customer to have his message waiting indicator (MWI) work at both sites. I dont have any of the manuals for this equipment, and have been flying by the seat of my pants for the last 3 weeks. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
Bill

I don't know if this will work, but in PhoneMail, if i turn the secondary number into a ported number, and both primary and secondary are listed in the mailbox, the MW light will illuminate in two locations. I do have Xpressions Compact but have not been asked to have a light in more than one location. I hope that can shine a little light on your issue.

It must work! You need at first a correct routing to the XPression from booth systems. Exspeccilly the global acces-code must be reachable from both systems. Then needs the COT of the trunks beetween the systems a flag for transport of the MWI-indication. Then you need in booth systems the same enty in the AMO RICHT , MODE=PM .
I have one system in the same constellation an it works. I have also a systems with a another voicemail (it hase the same signalling) on a Hicom 300 E wich is connectet to more then 15 other systems (Gicom 300 E an HiPath 4000) and it will work to any system.

Bye
Niels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back