Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

XPLITE .? A prog. to reduce Windows footprint. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdwilly

Technical User
Mar 18, 2003
CA
Has anyone any experience with this program ,and whats your take on it? . Good ,Not so Good , or dont'go there. Kelly

Similar:

When the search feature works again on the site, search for both xplite and nlite, as there were several recent discussions.

I do not remember hearing anything bad about the approach to lightening XP.

star for linney.

For this an other posts. I cannot tell you how incredible a memory bank for this Forum the guy has been.

Thanks linney.

Also, Forum member "stjames9" has provided regular feedback on his results.

When Search is restored on Tek-Tips, search on his postings.

The truth of the matter is that as I only post a fraction of what "Bcastner" contributes to this site, searching my old threads manually is always going to be easier for the likes of me, but thank you for the kind words.

Thanks to both linney & bcastner,you guys pheanominal (hope I spelled that right ) Kelly

wildwilly,

I hope you note that I think this is a bad idea as a general solution. I hope when the site search feature is restored you get to read the comments by "stjames9", as he has had resolvable issues, but likely will back off on his original minimal install.

I am not sure there is a dead-dog certain answer to the question of an "XP" lite version.

bcastner ,I will do a search when possible.Thanks. Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back