Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

xp_cmdshell Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickj65

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
I'm using SQL Server 2000 on a Windows 2000 Server. I'm trying to run a simple xp_cmdshell command in query analyzer:

EXEC master..xp_cmdshell 'dir *.exe'

And it generates the following error:

ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
Cannot load the DLL xplog70.dll, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.).

Based on suggestions from various forums, I've tried registering the DLL using the following command:

regsvr32 "d:\data\mssql2000\x86\binn\xplog70.dll"

This command returns the following error:
LoadLibrary("d:\data\mssql2000\x86\binn\xplog70.dll" failed - The specified module could not be found."

The DLL is located in that folder and I have access to that folder as I am logged in as the system administrator. I'm not sure how to successfully register this file so that I can start running xp_cmdshell.

I'm running SP3 and the DLL version is 2000.80.760.0 if that matters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rick

It sounds like SQL either didn't install correctly, or the service pack didn't install correctly.

Try reinstalling the service pack.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back